Monday, May 22, 2017

Good Night, Sleep Tight

Last night Arcovazzi burglarized my (old) car. Well, unfortunately, it’s not the first time. Twice he slashed my tires. At other times, more benevolently, he caused other minor damages, such as, for instance, car door lock breaking. But, this time, he just entered and took over the driver’s seat. He opened the big bag where I keep my chess sets and angrily spread Pawns and other pieces all everywhere. He set up, however, three Pawns on the car’s dashboard, wishing to make a display of his sign language skills. Then he threw down an April 2014 issue of an Italian chess review and stepped it off. Finally, he rummaged in the ashtray looking for smokable butts – or maybe was he looking for traces of scarlet lipstick?
Since he did not find anything, he eventually got out of my car and hitched back (his) home, where he fell to his bed (which I think to have been limp and empty).

No comments: